Thursday, November 18, 2004


I am the sole proprietor of the Ministry of Spontaneous Acts of Infinite Variability.

I'm so sad.. lol!

Exams in 2 weeks, 3 days.(What's a chi^2 Test?!)

I'm so scared! =/

Today a friend at school asked me and a group of other med students to talk about the kinda of text books we used and would recommend to the next intake of students next year. At one stage i blurted out that I would marry Sherwood. (A physiology text). I didn't think that a day would come whereby I would appreciate a text book so much that I would declare my love for it in public. Oh well, there's always a first time for everything.

We're studying embryology and genetics at the moment- and i'm kinda fascinated about how the human embryo develops from a cell to a fully fledged being. It's kinda amazing. We saw an ultrasound of a baby at 12 weeks, and you could see it kicking and stomping around in the mother's belly and everything! I didn't realise that it was so.. well.. alive at the age of -6months.
We also had a prac where the professor shows us various embryos with developmental abnormalities and defects. This one chicken embryo had 2 beaks. Another had it's guts on the outside of it's skin- with each visceral organ duplicated! (So it had 2 stomachs, 2 livers, etc..) Another's head wasn't fully developed so it's brain was exposed.. gross and fascinating at the same time!

No comments: